This article would compare Google GWT (Google Web Toolkit) and Adobe Flex 2 and would describe the advantages and disadvantages of each of these technologies.
This two technologies are both Rich Internet Application (RIA) frameworks.
- Doesn’t require plug in installation on the client side
- GWT doesn’t cost money since it is Open Source.
- Changes in the Client side are immediately shown on the browser by using refresh, no need to restart the server.
- GWT can be easily debugged in hosted mode.
- There is compatible between different web browsers.
- GWT doesn’t come out of the box with all the possible widgets, there is a need to use extra components
- Compatible between different web browsers
- Flex 2 SDK and Flex Builder 2 for Education are both free
- Google can index SWF files
- It requires plug in installation on the client side , however this may not be disadvantage since Adobe claims that Flash is installed on more then 99% percent of users.
- Flex Builder 2 costs some money